Hairstyles trends come and go, but long hairstyles for women is something that has existed for hundreds of years now and although we havent’t seen the future, they won’t be going out of existence for the next hundred years either.
Glorious long hair is something that has always been associated with beauty, health and femininity and that continues right to this day. There is nothing wrong about rocking shorter or medium length hairstyles but one cannot disagree that there is a mysterious charm that comes along with long hair.
WHY LONG HAIRSTYLES ARE AWESOME FOR WOMEN
1. Long hairstyles can be heavy and daunting to style but when at the same time is extremely fun to experiment with and offer you a variety of patterns in which you can style it.
2. Long hairstyles look good for most face shapes and hair types. Curly, wavy, colored, natural, straight, fine, thick…absolutely any type of hair can be grown long with a proper hair care regime.
3. Although there are exceptions, men and the society around you will appreciate your longer tresses. Research over the years has consistently shown that men are attracted to women with longer hair. Call it an evolutionary instinct or longer hair being associated with femininity, the only thing you need to know is that your bouncy long hair will make heads turn as you enter the room.
4. Longer hair also lets you try out different layered haircuts, ombres and bangs. And you can tie them up in a pony or a bun when you do not wish to flaunt them.
5. Long hair when styled effectively can be used to cover the flaws in your face shape and make you look more attractive.
6. Longer hair looks very elegant and classy and can look very good with long dresses and girly outfits.
7. You have much more options for trying out different braids and buns hairstyles.
Women who sport longer hair are sadly guilty of keeping the same boring hairstyles for years on end.
Your long hairstyle is not meant to look drab or identical to every other long hairstyle pattern out there. Below are 11 superb long hairstyles to inspire your new look and add some creativity to your dull hairstyle.
1. FULL LENGTH BRAIDS FOR LONG HAIR
Braids are awesome and we love braids on here. See more
long braided hairstyles or braided updos for longs hair.
2. HALF UP HALF DOWN HAIRSTYLES LOOK FABULOUS
Half up half down hairstyles are a great way to combine the best of updos & long hair into one style. These make for great hairstyle for proms, homecoming & weddings.
3. BOX BRAIDS ARE A GREAT CHOICE FOR NATURAL LONG HAIR
We know you love you natural hair.
But sometimes you might be tired of wearing it long like you always do. In such cases, getting a braid will give you some temporary relief. See here for more natural hairstyles.
4. LONG BLONDE BEACH WAVES
A classic wavy hairstyle for long hair which just looks so beautiful & flattering.
5. LONG BRAIDED PONYTAIL HAIRSTYLES
6. NATURAL HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
You should proudly wear and flaunt your natural long hair. Don’t feel
embarrassed. Natural hair is awesome!
7. LONG HAIRSTYLES WITH BANG
Bangs are not just for shorter hairstyles. Bangs look just as cute for long hair as they do for shorter hair lengths.
8. NATURALLY THICK & CURLY HAIR WITH HIGHLIGHTS
9. LAYERS ARE A BLESSING FOR LONG HAIR
Long hair can look really flat and boring for a lot of people.
Layers can be a savior in such cases. Layers provide a good illusion of thickness and volume and make for stylish haircuts. Layered haircuts are a must see for women with long hair.
10. BEAUTIFUL ONE SIDED LONG NATURAL HAIR
11. SIMPLE STRAIGHT LONG HAIRSTYLES
PROBLEMS WITH LONG HAIR
1. It is hard to style and maintain long hair. Long hair can be notorious and untamable, especially for curly and wavy hairtypes.
2. The climate around you will play a major part in how your hair looks. Elements of nature like sun, wind and humidity will decide how your hair behave on a given day. You might have to modify your hair care routine according to such conditions.
3. More products and salon visits will be required compared to medium or shorter hair. Hence you will be spending more time and money on your hair.
4. Can lead to split ends and frizz at the tips/ends of your hair.
5. Growing your hair long can get annoying and boring since it takes an awfully long time.
6. You hair will get tangled more and may also require use of clips and pins to keep them in place during the day.
BEFORE YOU GO, HERE ARE FEW MORE BONUS LONG HAIRSTYLE FOR YOU
We have tried putting up the most elaborate post on long hairstyles on the internet and we hope you enjoyed going through the variety of different styles and patterns up there.