The Undercut is one of the most versatile and best looking hairstyles for men choosing to sport short and medium length hairstyles.
If long hair is not your thing, then you’ve come to the right place because the undercut hairstyle is one of that suits most men and looks really stylish. There is a reason why you see everyone from kids to the teens today, right to celebrities sport the undercut and it is one of the most popular hairstyles in the past couple of years.
|David Beckham is known for sporting some of the best undercut hairstyles|
The Undercut: The best way to describe an undercut would be short sides and long top. The sides and back of the head are buzzed very short using clippers and the top is left long in length. A #1 to #3 clipper is used to buzz the sides. Anything less or more than that would subtract from the undercut look & is not ideal.
WHY THE UNDERCUT IS ONE OF THE BEST HAIRSTYLES FOR MEN
- Men are really bad at choosing the right hairstyle based on their face shapes and hair type. The undercut however works well for most hair types & face shapes out there. Irrespective of whether your face shape is square, diamond, round or oblong, the undercut will suit on you.
- The undercut looks masculine and stylish at the same time. Something that a lot of other hairstyles for men fail at.
- Easy to style and maintain
- The combination of an undercut hairstyle & a beard or stubble looks really good and gives a rugged-masculine look to most men.
- Can be sported for both casual as well as formal events.
- Extremely simple but an extremely versatile hairstyle as well. Not every undercut needs to look the same. There are a lot of different styles in which you can rock an undercut. Few inspiring styles are given below.
1. THE UNDERCUT + THE POMPADOUR
Pompadours are hairstyles with lot of height at the top. These go really well with the undercut and are the most common type of undercut that suit a wide range of face shapes. These also make your face look longer and thinner. Anyone with rounder or soft faces should try this look out. Some will able to style their hair into a pompadour naturally, but most will require some kind of styling product.
|The undercut and pompadour go really well|
2. UNDERCUT WITH SIDE PARTED POMPADOUR
Some will want to try a combed side part which can be a really boring and plain look but adding an undercut to it will make it look really stylish and sharp.
|A great undercut style with beard|
3. WORKS WELL AT WORK OR FORMAL OCCASIONS
Looks well kept and tidy for work and formal occasions
|Sharp undercut for formal occasions|
4. GOES WELL WITH EDGY LOOKS AS WELL
Lately one of the favorite hairstyles for people with tattoos, beards and artists with an edgy look.
|Tattooed with Undercut|
5. UNDERCUT WITH SPIKES OR SHORTER HAIR
If you lack the length to sport a pompadour, you can go shorter hair with spikes or short mohawk.
|Undercut with short spikes|
6. UNDERCUTS FOR LONGER HAIR
The Undercut is not restricted to just shorter hair through. If you have straight hair, you can wear much longer length on tip. A no-no for curly or wavy hair though.
|Undercut for long straight hair|
7. UNDERCUT FOR EXTREMELY SHORT HAIR
The Undercut is extremely versatile. It works for short as well as medium hair. Check out more such stylish short hairstyles for men.
|Undercut for Very Short Hair|
8. WITH A MUSTACHE OR BEARD
The age old mustache & combed hair can look old and boring. Adding an undercut to it will make it look really stylish.
|Mustache and Undercut|
9. SLICKED BACK UNDERCUT
Slicked back is not for everyone. It will look great on some but not so much for everyone else. But if it works for you, it's an interesting style you can try out.
|Slicked Back Undercut|
10. LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON
|Great undercut by the father-son duo|
11. RUGGED & MASCULINE
All in all, the undercut is one of the most versatile hairstyles that suits most face shapes & personalities. You will have to experiment with the length on the top till you find the right length that works for you.
|A rugged undercut|
SOME BONUS UNDERCUTS
We hope you got enjoyed the list and got some new undercut hairstyle ideas through the same!